Tuesday, September 30, 2008

When describing myself, I prefer the term "quirky"...

So I've been tagged by Rhondi and Melissa to list 6 quirky things about myself. (I know. I'm pretty popular...)

Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking to them
5. Leave a comment for each tagged blogger to let them know they've been tagged.


1. I already know what I'm going to order before I get to most any restaurant that I've been to before. The chances of me ordering the dish exactly how it is listed on the menu is very slight. When you think of me ordering, think of Sally in "When Harry Met Sally." If I have never been to the restaurant before then I will probably go through the menu 87 times, make everyone else order before me, choose something, and then complain the rest of the time that I REALLY should have ordered the other thing I was thinking of ordering. Too much... I know...

2. I have a specific order in which I get ready in the morning including a very precise routine of what gets washed/shaved when in the shower. If the order is disrupted I don't feel fully clean the rest of the day. (I have become more flexible since having Liam because cleaning time is limited, but it still bothers me.)

3. I will swim in any lake, river, ocean, or stream, but I will not go barefoot in a hotel room, including the shower. To me, people germs are much more disgusting than nature germs. Now, this rule is up to interpretation at my whim. There are some inside places that are clean enough and some outside places that are not. I was watching Jon & Kate Plus 8 last night, and Kate mentioned word for word that she also has this "quirk." Lucky for me, Jon was watching with me and can no longer say that I'm the only person in the world that acts this way :)

4. When using ketchup packets, I put the ketchup on one fry at a time. If it is a regular fry, it goes on in a straight line down the fry. If it is a waffle fry (from chick-fil-a, of course) it goes on in straight lines down each crevice. If the ketchup is pumped into one of those little platic cups, I stir black pepper into it. Sue me.

5. Anytime I'm in the car I feel like I have to have a drink with me. Lately it's been Arnold Palmers from Chick-fil-A. I don't know why. Automobiles make me thirsty.

6. I cannot watch scary movies AT ALL. I can't even see trailers for scary movies. I once had a nightmare because I saw the cover of the movie "Hellraiser" at blockbuster. True Story.

I tag
1. Allison Portas
2. Hannah McBrayer
3. Ryan Hester
4. Megan White
5. Jen McGowan
6. Michelle Rigsby

3 comments:

Allison said...

I agree wholeheartedly with quirk 6 :) I change the channel faster than you can blink when a preview comes on for a scary movie! Now I'm off to narrow my quirks down haha.

Melanie said...

I was chuckling and picturing Allision walking through snow in her bare feet, and you in the hotel shower with socks on.

I could mention my new hotel quirk, but then I might pass it on. LOL

saylor days said...

i already started a quirk blog as someone else had it on their blog! haha. i'll have to finish it. i have a 'have to have water with me at ALL times' thing too its bad. they may make my top 6

 
Designed by Lena