Saturday, September 27, 2008

"Goodbye Golden Age" - Jon Black



I heart folk music or "Americana" as the kids are calling it these days. Not only is this one of my favorite albums of the year in this genre, but one of my favorites, period. While more on the Ryan Adams end of the genre than, say, Gillian Welch, "Goodbye Golden Age" is still the perfect fall album - one you imagine relaxing to by a camp fire, or on an afternoon drive through the country with the windows down, or on the front porch in the cool of the day sipping a PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE!

Now, I'm not going to lie....Jon Black is my friend. He is from Cobb County (Big Chicken! Holla!), he and my husband ichat like tweenage girls about music and gear and comic books, and he was at my house a-pickin' and a-grinnin' a couple of days ago. Regardless, I would buy this record. If you played me this record and I had no idea who the guy was, I would still listen to it from start to finish at least once a day. I can't even narrow down my favorite tracks to list for you. It's that kind of record. Go here and listen to it and then go and buy it on itunes. It's only $9.99. I swear you won't regret it.

Jon will be in the Nville and other places near you very soon wearing a beard as black as his name and sharing his musical love for all to enjoy. Go see him! He'll rock your socks off.






www.whoisjonblack.com

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena