Friday, December 5, 2008

Long Time, No Tag

So, Rhondi tagged me AGES ago to do a Christmas question thingy. Due to my fierce loyalty to Thanksgiving, I put of my response to a more appropriate time, thank you very much! Let me start off by saying that I am perfectly aware that there is a fairy tale land that only exists in my head where every holiday is perfect and I am Martha Stewart. I will have you know that while I repeatedly try to make this place a reality every year, I am in no way shocked when it doesn't quite turn out as planned. I also have no delusions about actually being Martha...only in my dreams... I know you have all been waiting in knots for my Christmas tradition autobiography. Well, writhe in agony no longer my anxious ones. It has arrived!!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? One of my great joys in life is seeing a sparkling Christmas tree under which sits droves of gifts wrapped perfectly in coordinating papers. One year I used all paper from Crate and Barrel. Be still my heart. While this is obviously the ideal, I am very likely to use all gift bags this year due to a) lack of time, b) lack of cash, and c) Liam Jude.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I love the idea of a real tree. Jon and I had real trees for our first 3 Christmases. We wore scarves and got Starbucks and went to the tree lot and convinced our friends who worked their to give us free stuff. After 3 years the prices were jacked up too high and our friends got real jobs and we gave into the reality of a little one coming along and ingesting pine needles and getting water all over the place. So, now we have a lovely artificial pre-lit tree and I light one of those Christmas Wreath candles from Yankee Candle Co. It will have to do :)

3. When do you put up the tree? Growing up we always put our tree up the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Now, we normally don't get back to Nashville until that Sunday night, so my goal is to get the tree up sometime that following week. No earlier I tell you!!!

4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day. No later. Come on people.

5. Do you like eggnog? LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I know some people think it's nasty. I totally get that. I like fruitcake too, so sue me.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Dear Diary. I don't remember much about it other than it was an electronic diary. It was really my favorite present because I knew my Paw Paw looked all over to find one for me because I wanted it SOOOOO bad :)

7. Hardest person to buy for? my father-in-law....any hints???

8. Easiest person to buy for? little kids. toys and more toys.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I REALLY want to start the Willow Tree nativity.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I prefer mail. I like buying festive postage and using my cute return address stamp as often as possible. However, our Christmas card list is RIDICULOUSLY too long. So, we are going to do a combo this year. Mail to our family and those friends who share my love of stationery (Court and Katy) and email to everyone else.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Um, one year Jon got me a Rocky action figure that he really wanted because he saw that I had one more box under the tree for him than he had gotten me. True story.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Charlie Brown's Christmas

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? You're lying if you say you haven't.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My Nanny's southern breakfast spread! Biscuits and gravy....mmmmm...

16. Lights on the tree? Yes, white. What is the alternative to lights? Candles? I'm confused by this question.

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Come O Come Emmanuel (traditional hymn) & Labor of Love (new song)

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We always travel to the ATL. I don't know how much longer we'll be able to do that with little ones, but we'll keep trying!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen....Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen...but do you recall...the most famous reindeer of all?? Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer!!! If you want me to remember something, put it in a song.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have this retro spire looking thing, but I would have to pick a star over an angel. Welcome to the 90's.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning!! How can you open presents if Santa hasn't even brought them yet??

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? When people say "holiday tree" or "holiday lights." I mean really. You aren't fooling anyone.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? For aesthetic purposes, I love a green tree with all silver, white and red! Our tree is a mix match of ornaments with lots of memories and sentimental value, so I love that too.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Growing up my grandmaw always had a honey baked ham and stouffers mac'n'cheese. I know it sounds strange, but this will always be my favorite Christmas combo!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? What don't I want!

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Hmmmm...not sure...

27. Does Santa wrap your gift or leave them unwrapped? Traditionally my parents never wrapped our presents, but I like the idea of a mixture. Some unwrapped for instant wow factor and some unwrapped to extend the surprises.

I tag Michelle and Hannah.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena