Thursday, December 11, 2008

Let it snow!

Nashville got its first snow of the year tonight. It started out as a slush shower around 430 and ended up as real snow by around 6 or so. We got a little over an inch tonight, which is the real deal here in the mid-south. We never measure snow here in feet. Fractions are too confusing. Inches are where it's at. I had a friend who actually got stranded on the side of the road. In only an inch of snow. That's right. And he's from Ohio too. I guess he's gotten soft from all his time in Middle Tennessee.

Now Nashville is moody about its winters. It's hard to believe that this will be my 8th winter here. Some winters we've only had one day of snow the whole time and some winters it has been much more. I remember my junior year at MTSU it rained and then sleeted and then froze over and then snowed and then froze over again. We were literally stranded in our house for days. The university cancelled classes for the first time since the early '70's. It was crazy and fun all at the same time. Below is my attempt at photographing snow at night with a sick child on my hip. I don't call it bad, I call it artistic. Obviously, you just don't GET it.



No comments:

 
Designed by Lena