Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's beginning to SOUND a lot like Christmas!

I have posted my Christmas music playlist! Hooray! I know some people are annoyed by blog playlists, but I love them, so I'm keeping mine up. If you don't like listening, there is a pause button on the player at the bottom of the page. Feel free to stop the music while reading if you'd like :) I'm not going to lie, this is an odd playlist. It's balanced equally by Sufjan Stevens and Bing Crosby with a little Kenny Rogers to fill in the gaps. (Watch out for Kenny, ladies.) I LOVE this playlist. Sufjan is my obvious current Christmas fave, but there are lots of sentimental songs in the mix. Bing, of course. The Chipmunks, a given. But very few share my memories of decorating the tree and baking cookies with the Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton Christmas album serving as the soundtrack. Oh yes. Think "Islands in the Stream" on egg nog. So nice.



I'm also doing a little shameless promotion by sportin' my own tunes. Well, not technically MY tunes, but Jon's. Relient K's Christmas album "Let it Snow Baby...Let it Reindeer" is really good. You really should check it out! I am a little annoyed at playlist.com because I couldn't find all the songs I wanted. "Labor of Love" sung by Jill Phillips on the Andrew Peterson Christmas album is such an amazing song. It talks about the conditions surrounding the birth of Christ. Last year I was super preggo during Christmas and I bawled and bawled every time I heard it. I think it was part hormones and part sheer terror at the thought of giving birth, but mostly it was because it is a killer song.

Well I hope everyone is having a great time getting in the spirit! I hope everyone is remembering the true REASON for the SEASON. Many thanks to my friend Courtney who chastised me for texting "xmas" instead of spelling out "CHRISTmas." Now to make up for it, I have vowed to text "CHRISTmas" - actually capitalizing the "CHRIST" part - every time I text that word. So, if you get a text from me like that, I don't think I'm better than you, I'm just serving my sentence.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

yay! great playlist. i will definitely be trading off from mine to yours so i get some Christmas music variation.

the williams said...

i bawled all last year AND this year when i listened to labor of love ;) it is a great song. Advent is such a great time to have a baby!!!

 
Designed by Lena