Thursday, October 30, 2008

Easy Pumpkin Spice Cake

1 box Spice Cake mix
1 can pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)

Preheat oven to 350. Put pumpkin and cake mix in a mixing bowl and beat on high for 2 minutes. The batter should be lighter and fluffier. Pour batter into a greased bundt pan and bake for 30 - 45 minutes or until a knife or cake tester comes clean when inserted into the cake.

You can serve this cake warm with ice cream or whipped cream and/or cooled with cream cheese icing or sprinkled with powdered sugar. It is also good chilled overnight in the refrigerator with whipped cream to accompany it or just straight out of the pan with your fingers :) I read somewhere that this cake needs to be kept in the fridge. I'm not sure why, but I did anyway. I also found this super cute idea for a pumpkin bundt cake. They have special "3D pumpkin cake pans," but I think you could just double the recipe and use 2 regular bundt cake pans. You would just need to let the cake cool completely and then level the bottoms before assembling.



This is SUCH a cheap and easy recipe and it really is very good. The consistency is more like a muffin than a cake, but is very moist and perfect for this Halloween weekend! I think this recipe would be great as a sheet cake or cupcakes too. I would just check it after 15 minutes and then again every five minutes just to make sure you don't overcook it. I think this recipe would probably dry out if overcooked. Have fun and let me know how it goes!

3 comments:

Kami said...

poOk-the cake looks awesome. But, I'm no good in the kitchen. So, that's not what excites me about your blog. What DOES excite me is the pic of Liam on here. Oh. My. Gosh. He is gorgeous! Let's get together and do lunch soon. Perhaps, you, Rhondi, Dana, and me? Meanwhile, I sent a shout out and a request for some advice on my blog recently. If you have any suggestions to my questions-feel free to share. :)

Kami said...

PS-the message is supposed to start with "ok". not really sure why is says "pook". :)

Melanie said...

That sounds really very good and simple. I will have to try it sometime. Is the pic the cake you made? it's adorable, too. :)

It does seem like it would turn out a tad like pumpkin bread perhaps - which is quite tasty!

--Melanie

 
Designed by Lena