Saturday, October 18, 2008

Tastes as good as it smells!!

Sorry for the post hiatus. I know, I know. You've been crying yourself to sleep at night. It's okay, baby. I'm here now. I'm here... Liam and I were out of town visiting "Daddy" and I was just too busy to do much of anything but take care of business. Now it's back to the ole routine and, luckily, a little time for blogging :)



A friend of mine asked about possibly drinking the fall brew recipe that I posted last time. While it will not kill you, the fall brew is not meant for drinking and would probably taste nasty. This next recipe for Russian Tea is something that smells AND tastes like fall. As far as I know this is a southern staple. I'm not too sure about other parts of the U.S. I asked my friend Michelle in Ohio if she had ever heard of it and she had not. You should try it, regardless. It is a warm cup of autumn goodness, for sure.


Russian Tea

2 cups Tang
3/4 cup instant tea (unsweetened)
1/3 cup lemonade mix (not unsweetened)
3/4 tsp ground clove
2 tsp cinnamon

Mix 2 Tbs of powder per cup of boiling water. Add cinnamon stick stirrer if desired. Store left over powdered mix in an airtight container or bag.


First off, yes this recipe calls for Tang. Tang is awesome. Don't hate. Secondly, I have seen recipes that call for up to 3 1/2 cups of sugar in addition to the above ingredients. I personally don't think it needs any sugar, but if you make it and don't think it is sweet enough, know that you can add sugar. It's up to you. Let me know what you think!!

2 comments:

saylor days said...

ok i've never in my life bought tang before or even instant tea for that matter.but i'm gonna do it cuz i really want to try this drink that you rave about. i don't even know where to find tang..in the pop aisle? oh wait ha! i mean the coke aisle eh?

Rhondi said...

I have never heard of Russian Tea, but anything involving tang is right up my alley. Woot Woot.

 
Designed by Lena