Monday, November 24, 2008

Save Thanksgiving

I am starting a campaign to save thanksgiving. Too many people I know and love have already put up their tree and other decorations, started playing Christmas music, etc... Not to mention the stores and restaurants. Santa is already at the mall, for crying out loud! It's just not right. What about the turkey? What about the dressing and sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie?? The Mayflower...hello?!?!?! Don't get me wrong. I totally get that sweet baby Jesus trumps food. But, I don't think He'd be angry in the slightest if we celebrated our holidays in order. It's not like we are forgetting about Him. We are THANKING Him on THANKSGIVING for all the blessings we received from Him throughout the year. Plus....IT'S A HOLIDAY ABOUT FOOD, PEOPLE! And you're trying to skip that... Are you SERIOUS?? Well, until Friday, you will not here one Christmasy word out of my mouth. Not a Christmasy thought will even cross my mind. I am going to celebrate and enjoy my holidays in chronological order. Yay for pilgrims!

2 comments:

Daeon White said...

My thoughts exactly!!! Happy eating, my friend.

Hannah said...

great reminder - Landon's been so frustrated this year with this issue. His family celebrated THANKSGIVING on thanksgiving day - not turkey, not the beginning of christmas season (i wasn't raised this way and was enlightened to actually GIVE THANKS on thanksgiving - ha!). I appreciate you and him for the reminder. I hope your thanksgiving is lovely and you are blessed as you remember and praise our wonderful God!!

 
Designed by Lena